BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rkwanye
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am using SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya 3.4, and I'm trying to create a report that I will decide where objects are placed and what sizes they should be. I read somewhere that it could be done with precision containers but it hasn't worked for me yet. Right now my page is tiled - that is when I bring a new object it moves other objects in order to get a place. I want to be able to move and size objects as I want.

I have attached the kind of layout that I want to create. Each section is a place I want to put an object. The objects are text, graphs, list tables and filter/prompts.

Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Why not just add 4 containers and place them as you show in your drawing.

They don't need to be precision to order them that way. It's the content inside the precision container that can be arranged precisely 🙂

The container them selves are ordered in a tiled way.

You can add large container with precision mode and then add containters inside this one and then place them how you want. A bit tricky but it's possible.

I would go for the first one, placing the containers in tile mode like your picture.

//Fredrik

rkwanye
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you. Placing the precision containers in tile mode did not work like I wanted. However, it worked for me when I placed a precision container on the whole page and then placed several precision containers (like I wanted) into the bigger container.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation