BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
User12
Obsidian | Level 7

HI

I have a dataset with 40 different categorical variables,here i have to group 5 variables into one group and this has to be done to all 40 variables. Is there a way to do that.

Thanks in Advance  

2 REPLIES 2
ShannonMoore
SAS Employee

User12,  Would you be able to give me a bit more information?  Are you wanting to group the 40 variables into 8 groups of 5 or are you wanting to create 5 categories within each of the categorical variables? If it is the former, what do you need to do with the newly created groups? Thank you.

maverickkub
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi.

Can you be more specific? If you are trying to group categorties together that is not possible in VA.However if there is a category which has different data vaules you can create a custom category to edit and manipulate those data values however you want.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation