BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
oferw
Calcite | Level 5

I am running a stored process from VA (7.1). While it is processing I get no indication (like an hourglass or a circling image) untill the end (when the output appears). Using Chrome, there is a revolving circe on the report tab, but using Explorer there is nothing.

Any way to include/generate such an indication?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chokin
Fluorite | Level 6

I have encounterd the same problem but have added a step immediately at the end of the stored process as per excerpt below.  This works the same way as printing results into the results window in Base SAS or Enterprise Guide. 

%INCLUDE "&File_Path.\&SP..sas";

%RunSP;

DATA _NULL_;

FILE PRINT;

PUT "&metric. ran successfully";

PUT %STR();

RUN;

%STPEND;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I am afraid that there is no direct workaround for this, except to use SASVisualAnalyticsViewer with HTML5 which means to update to SAS VA 7.3 (or the next version of SAS VA when it will be released).

Or you could try to update to the latest version of IE (or downgrade it, which is not necesarily recommended).

The explanation is that this is the interpretation of the web browser for flash components and javascript.

For the best approach, SAS Technical Support can help you. Or maybe other colleague here has a better idea/perspective than mine.

Chokin
Fluorite | Level 6

I have encounterd the same problem but have added a step immediately at the end of the stored process as per excerpt below.  This works the same way as printing results into the results window in Base SAS or Enterprise Guide. 

%INCLUDE "&File_Path.\&SP..sas";

%RunSP;

DATA _NULL_;

FILE PRINT;

PUT "&metric. ran successfully";

PUT %STR();

RUN;

%STPEND;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation