BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rjassem1
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm hoping I can find a solution here to a problem I'm having with Geo Networks. The goal is to find out which county students came from and where they are working. Both source and target are geography items. Source is based on county code and target is based on state 2-letter abbreviation.  I can't see any lines. As I'm typing this, I'm wondering if it's because they both belong to different providers?

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 1.25.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 1.26.13 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello @rjassem1,

Ungrouped network diagrams a bit tricky. Is your target variable a subset of your source variable? I often get this backwards.

ETA: On edit, I see you are using state abbreviations in one and ISO codes in the other. I'm pretty sure you need to create a hierarchy and use that in a hierarchical network.

Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello @rjassem1,

Ungrouped network diagrams a bit tricky. Is your target variable a subset of your source variable? I often get this backwards.

ETA: On edit, I see you are using state abbreviations in one and ISO codes in the other. I'm pretty sure you need to create a hierarchy and use that in a hierarchical network.

Sam

rjassem1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Sam,

It worked. Thank you! I need to narrow it down but it works.

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.29.27 AM.png

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Great! Thanks for following up with us 🙂

For an ungrouped network, the source and target variables need to have the same types of values (e.g., state abbreviations in both.)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation