BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wilsod47
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any information about expected timings of next SAS VA release after 7.3 and any info. about any changes/improvements?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

The next release of Visual Analytics will be 8.1. It is anticipated to be available in Q3 2016. With this release, SAS Visual Analytics will be based on HTML5, rather than Flash, for all authoring, viewing, and administration interfaces. SAS will make more information available about new capabilities as we get closer to the release.

Thank You,

Rick Styll

RosieP
Calcite | Level 5

I wondered if there was a firmer date for the release of VA 8.1?

Thanks

Rosie

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

I am Wondering if VA is at the same point of it's life cycle as WRS was when VA was released, given the shift in focus to SAS Viya

RichardPaterson
Obsidian | Level 7

We are nearing the end of Q3. Any news on what, when, how? Next week is the SAS Forum here in Holland, can we expect an announcement?

thanks,

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
As I understand it VA will be "migrated" to Viya, or Viya enabled, or where term is the appropriate...
Data never sleeps
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

@LinusH wrote:
As I understand it VA will be "migrated" to Viya, or Viya enabled, or where term is the appropriate...

Correct, VA 8.1 will be on the Viya infrastructure in addition to being reauthored for HTML5 UI.

mhamlett
Quartz | Level 8

any documentation on features?

any screen shots available?

any documentation on how complicated the upgrade from 7.3 will be?

thanks

cwl
Fluorite | Level 6 cwl
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

according to my information the version 7.4 of SAS VA should be released in April 2017. Knows anyone the real release date?

Regards,

Christoph

cwl
Fluorite | Level 6 cwl
Fluorite | Level 6
version 7.4 of SAS VA based on SAS 9.4 and is flash free
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

There may be some confusion here... 8.1 is on SAS Viya and is flash free. 7.4 is not. There is a thread in the SAS Viya group where the SAS VA product manager @RickStyll_SAS explains https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Brief-intro-to-SAS-Visual-Analytics-8-1-and-SAS-...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 in conversation