BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KarunaTiwari
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

We want to implement 'From Date' and 'To date' in our Report but don't want to use slider for the same.

Please can anyone suggest how to do it using 2 drop-downs.

We have tried using  2 parameters for the 2 drop-downs but dont know how to use it in 

calculations.

Thanks and Regards,

Karuna Tiwari

1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I did as a data source filter (not fully sure yet that this is optimal instead of doing it on the separat objects) with the following filter:

image.png

Månad is my date variable in my data, its character with the format YYYYMM. Månad_from is my from-parameter and Månad_tom is my to-parameter.

You add the drop-down to the report area, not the report or section prompt areas!

If you want to have the drop downs in the report/section area you need to have a separate dataset with the date values, otherwise both from and to will filter the data and you will just get the common date between them 🙂

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation