BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Can someone tell me How can i achieve following Results :

I need to show the delta records which mean when i click on 22 it will display 25 -22 =3 records.

The issue is here that when i use slider i wont allow me to drill down missing values.

Delta.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Can you give us some more details about what you want to calculate?

Do you want to calculate the difference between Sch and Act? Do you want to calculate the difference between each cell and the one above it in the table? Do you want to calculate something based on a date variable?

It is not clear how the slider control is related to your crosstab.

Finally, can you tell us which version of VA are you using?

Thanks,

Sam

ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Sam,

I am using visual Analytics 7.4.

Yes i want to calculate the difference between Sch and Act & the difference between each cell and the one above it in the table.

I also want to show those records which are creating difference & these calculations are based on a date which I have used in slider. This date is basically assigning date for the record That if the record is act or sch ?

Regards,
Ashish
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
So, in 8.3 we have a operator called AggregateCells that might do what you want with regard to each cell and the one above it.

Calculating the difference between Sch and Act everywhere is easy if you do something like Abs(Sch - Act). Assuming you want it to be the absolute value?

From what I understand, the dates shouldn't be involved in your calculated item because they are acting as a filter.
ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8
Exactly agree with you that date slider actually acting as filter.
If somewhere date is missing for sch or act then slider doesn't allow to include that. Is there anywork around to overcome this ?
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Are you saying that you can't assign a date variable to a slider if the date variable contains missing values?

I don't have a good data set handy to test this, but I could try to create one if you can confirm that is the issue.

ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8
No. I can assign but I meant to say that suppose a sch or act contains it's date as missing then those records with missing date do not appear in cross tab I interact cross tab with slider.
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Ahh! I see. For the objects that are filtered by the date slider, you don't see any values where the date is missing.

I'm not sure how to work around this, unfortunately.

Do you have the other part of your question resolved, calculating the difference between act and sch?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation