BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Charis_Saliaris
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am trying to use an aggregate measure as a filter on the table, but with no success. Let’s start from the beginning, I have created an aggregated measure that calculates the average of column A. This measure is dynamic which means there are filters that affect Column A. So, the average of Column A is not a standard value. After that I need to present the values of column A that are greater than or equal to the average, is this possible? If so, how can I do this.

Thanks,

Charis

3 REPLIES 3
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Charis_Saliaris,

in your title you ask for “filtering”, in the text you look for “presentation” of selected values.

I don’t know about a “filtering” solution in my VA 7.5 as the average (in the aggregated measure) would be recalculated with each filtering, so even theoretically one would get only a iterative process.

But there might be a presentation solution:

Bruehl_0-1667846061732.png

I can use the aggregated measure of the average in a Display rule, to white all rows with my Column A value less then the average:

Bruehl_1-1667846094560.png

Bruehl_2-1667846135936.png

If this isn’t sufficient and you have a new VA Version, maybe you will find an approach here:

SAS Visual Analytics Advanced Calculations (part 3... - SAS Support Communities

Best

Markus

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
Charis_Saliaris
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your reply.

If I have understood correct there is one way to present the values of Column A which is greater than or equal with the average is via display rules.

Also, I have tried to create a new aggregated data source, but I cannot use average (aggregated measure) as a filter.

Charis_Saliaris_0-1667903516653.png

(the photo is from SAS Visual Analytics Advanced Calculations (part 3... - SAS Support Communities)

Thank you,

Haris

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation