BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
scan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everyone,

I have a dataset of this kind

IDvalue

and, choosing avg as aggregation in a crosstab I have something like this as you know

IDAVG value

this is plotted in a line chart.

I want to add a button bar to filter outliers where that calculated average is ge 4 or le 1 (showing only ID 1 in this sample).

Also, is it possible to do the same thing filtering values only when they are ge than the mean of avg values + 3 * their standard deviations?

(In this case mean(avg1 avg4) + 3*sd(avg1 avg4) )

I'm pretty new with sas va.

Thanks to everyone who will help.

1 REPLY 1
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot apply post-aggregation filters to visualizations in the data explorer.

In the report designer you can apply post-aggregation filters to many report objects, but crosstabs do not support post-aggregation filters.

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0989k7vl59ugbn1183c...

Hopefully we can support aggregated filters against crosstabs in a future release.

For the second part of your question, if I understand correctly, you want to apply nested aggregations in a filter expression (average of the average values, stddev of average values.) I don't think this is possible in our expression builder, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation