BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi guys,

I am new VA user and I have some basic question related to exporting the whole report into an excel of pdf file.

In my report I have drop-down list, listing table and multidimentional table. I know that I can export listing table or multidimentional table into excel file separately, but I would like to export both listing and multidimentional table into one single excel or pdf file (something like "export entire page to excel/pdf file"). Is it possible in SAS VA?

Thanks in advance!
 Filip

7 REPLIES 7
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Which version are you using? Click the icon representing your ID in the upper right, select About to see the version. 

filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am using version 8.5.1 (SAS Viya V.03.05).

Cheers,

Filip

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can get a PDF by printing or by distributing the report. You cannot export an entire report in Excel format. 

filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @Madelyn_SAS ,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately currently option for distributing report is unavailable in my VA (I will check the permissions and so on), but I am a little bit confused about printing to PDF.

In my report I have quite wide table, and when I print it to PDF I have something like screen shot of current view, and not the entire table. Is it normal behaviour?

Thanks,

Filip

filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi again,

Unfortunately I still didn't find a way how can I export the whole report into a pdf file (not a "screen shot", but with entire wide table) - any ideas? 🙂

Thanks in advance!
 Filip

MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @filippo_kow,

for a first impression on how Visual Analytics and Excel work together, I recommend:

SAS Tutorial | Working with SAS Visual Analytics Reports in Microsoft Excel - YouTube

Best

Markus

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
filippo_kow
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @MarkusWeick ,

Thanks a lot, I will take a look at this video 🙂

Thanks,

Filip

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation