BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

I just noticed an odd behaviour when trying to export detail data to excel from SAS Visual Analytics 7.4.

For some of my report objects it worked and from some it did not work.

After a lot of searcing I found a note in the documentation saying that it is not possible for imported report objects (http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/69957/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0e7gix09rfudzn1w55fg...).

This can absolutely be a great feature if you dont want your users to be able to export details, but in my case it was only annoying 🙂

I don't know if this is working in Viya.

//Fredrik

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I am not sure what the documentation is saying here:

"The Detailed data option is not available for imported report objects..."

I imported a bar chart from one report to another and had no problem exporting detail data. This was 7.4. I even tested importing a graph from a report that was based on an exploration.

There are two other limitations. Could you have been encountering one of those?

"...custom graph objects that have multiple data definitions, or for any graphs in which detail data is not allowed. "

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

HI!

Thanks for your reply.

In this case I have an imported object and what I did was to delete the imported object and create a new one with the same definitions and then the export worked.

The thing is before this none of the objects were able to export detail data and after all objects were able to do it.

We just added the latest patches, so I will test it again later on 🙂

//Fredrik

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation