BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sanjay_Shukla
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Team,

I have this crosstab report which runs into numerous rows. i have a requirement to export the crosstab report data into PDF. While I tried doing the same, I found that only the content which is visible over screen gets exported in PDF and rest all data gets clipped off. Is there a limitation in SAS VA v7.1, to export crosstab report content to PDF? Is there any work around how I can overcome this and have all the content exported in PDF.

Many Thanks.

Sanjay.

13 REPLIES 13
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi Sanjay,

The PDF created from VA will only contain the part of the crosstab (or list table) that is currently visible.

A possible workaround would be to export the crosstab data to Excel format and print from a third party program (such as Excel).

There may be other options, hopefully other users can offer some advice.

Thanks,
Sam
LluisPiqueras
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Sam,

Thanks for your comments. Please, how can i export to Ms-Excel from a report Visualization? The users are using the browser and we need export a Table to Ms.Excel.

Best regards

Lluis

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Lluis,

This topic in the user's guide covers exporting a table in a report to excel:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0e7gix09rfudzn1w55f...

I hope that helps,

Sam

LluisPiqueras
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sam,
Perfect but it's possible using Report Viewer (without addin Office Analytics)? We now we can create a PDF but I need export a table from Report Viewer to Ms-Excel and we don't have SAS OA.

Best regards

Lluís

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Sorry, I believe you can only export from the report designer.

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

You can use the classic version of the SAS Visual Analytics Viewer in 7.2 and 7.3 to export data and images.  See the Open a Report in the Classic Viewer topic in the SAS Visual Analytics User's Guide.  There's a limitation with the modern viewer in 7.2 and 7.3, so you can't use it to export data or images.

-Joy

Jaaake
Fluorite | Level 6

I've had the same issue of print to PDF being bizarrely limited to a single page. One workaround is to select a larger paper size in the 'Print to PDF' options - more will fit on a sheet of A3 than a sheet of A4, for example, though if you then print that on A4 then it will obviously be smaller.

Otherwise it looks like 7.3 fixes this:

"The new feature in SAS Visual Analytics Designer is a new Expand clipped content option, which is available for printing to PDF. This option enables you to print the entire content of tables, crosstabs, gauges, and containers with content that is only partially available in the layout of the report section."

I'm trying to arrange a demo of this to make sure it does what it sounds like - seems worth checking before upgrading, since print to PDF in 7.2 and earlier doesn't work as I expected.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Jaaake is correct, the "Expand Clipped Content" option in 7.3 adds the functionality you are looking for.
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Jaaake and Sam,

It sounds Good, really i am so excited to work on SAS VA - 7.3.....Smiley Very Happy

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni.

Mohamed-Salem
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Dears ,

how can you solve this problem ??

I Have atable with 32,000 and i want to export all data to pdf ?? Only one page exported to pdf 

any solution ??

Thanks & Regards ,

Mohamed Salem 

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @Mohamed-Salem,

This appears to be a new question and unrelated to the existing thread. If it is a new question, please create a New Message (click on the blue New Message button on the top left) and delete it from this post.

In your question, please elaborate what you are doing and what you are wanting to achieve. Are you using SAS Visual Analytics and if so, what version. Are you using a table object that you want to export from? Or are you programming in SAS and wanting to export your table to pdf? Is it your expectation that the entire 32,000 rows (or it is cells) appear on 1 pdf page? 

With further explaination on your requirements (with screenshots), the community will be in a better position to help answer your question.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Mohamed-Salem
Fluorite | Level 6
HI Michelle,
Thanks for your Replay , I have Created a new Message .
thanks for your advise

Regards,
Mohamed Salem
parth_patel
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sanjay,

Even I am facing the same issue at client side.
So we found a way to resolve this issue within same VA version by using "SAS Excel Add-On".
If you have above mentioned Add on in your order, you can install and open your VA reports as it is in excel and save it as pdf.

As other members said, it's a limitation of SAS VA 7.1 and resolved in 7.3.

Regards,
Parth Patel

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 in conversation