BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Hessam
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi 

I am trying to export migrate reports from a development environment to a production SAS VA server but when I try to export the reports do not appear in the package. 

I came across this link on support pages http://support.sas.com/kb/60/639.html  which explains the reason and offers a solution to fix it. But when tried to deploy the VA Logical Type patches to the sas management console, I dont see any option as explained below in no. 5.  

I am using Analytics Pro workstation and have Enterprise Guide, and SAS Management Console 9.4 installed on the client laptop. 

Also attached some screenshots of the available options.

Installing on the Client

If you are installing these plug-ins on a Microsoft Windows client machine that is using SAS Management Console, then you do not need to perform a server reboot.

Complete these steps to add the plug-ins to an existing SAS Management Console 9.4 installation:

1. Stop all SAS Management Console sessions.
  2. Log on with the installer account that you used originally to install the software (for example, sas) and run setup.exe from your SAS Software Depot.
  3. Select your language and click OK.
  4. Select Install SAS Software.
  5. Select Install Additional Software.
  6.  When the list of products is displayed, select the plug-ins that you want to install, such as SAS Configuration Manager or Deployment Tester. 
  7.  Click Next.
  8.  If your SAS installation data file (SID file) number is correct (update it if necessary), click Next.
  9.  Click Start.
  10.  Click Next.
  11.  Click Finish.

SASDepWizard.JPGSASDepWizard2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You need to install from a SAS Depot containing SAS VA to get the VA logical types.

As an alternative you could use SAS Management Console on your VA metadata server. That should contain the logical types.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You need to install from a SAS Depot containing SAS VA to get the VA logical types.

As an alternative you could use SAS Management Console on your VA metadata server. That should contain the logical types.

Hessam
Fluorite | Level 6

I did try it with the SAS Management Console from the server and the export package successfully contained all the reports. 

It is strange though why SAS Management Console on the client laptop is different from that of the VA server and there is no option to add the missing components to it. 

Thanks and Regards

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation