BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hanyani
Fluorite | Level 6

We recently acquired a SSL certificate to access SAS VA report from outside my organization's network. When users try to log in and access reports, they come across the message " An error occurred during a resource request. Resource:/Preferences. HTTP Status: 403 Forbidden". Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Hanyani
Fluorite | Level 6

Attached is the exact error message.Error after logging in.jpg

Mickey_SAS
SAS Employee

A 403 error typically means the user does not have access to the endpoint( in this case preferences ).  Have you changed any of the default rules for the preferences endpoint for authenticated users?  I would first start by checking that out.  I included a screenshot below showing the default rules for preferences for authenticated users. You can access this by logging in as an administrator and navigating to rules in SAS Environment Manager.  You might also look to ensure there are no Deny rules set for other groups that might be interfering.

Mickey_SAS_0-1675087759048.png

Mickey_SAS
SAS Employee

I just realized this was probably 9.4 and not Viya, since it is SAS Home( and not SAS Drive ).

If you are on 9.4, was this part of an externalization process where you changed the server URL's so it could be accessed externally?  If so, there is a chance that perhaps not all URL's were externalized properly, or the firewall/proxy may not be allowing some of the endpoints.

Typically, we would use the browser developer tools to get a better idea about the failure.  If you wanted to take a look, you could follow the instructions here to inspect the calls - https://support.sas.com/kb/60/268.html

However, I would not share any har or consoles here in the community.  If you need further assistance, it would be best to open a support track including a har file and console, and SAS Support will be happy to help you through this.

https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/submit-a-support-request.lang.html

Hanyani
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Mickey
Thanks for your help. Another person did suggest that it could be network related. We were indeed externalizing the URL.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation