BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
joeness419
Calcite | Level 5

Hello

I am a new user at my job to SAS VA and have created a basic report in VA. In excel I have the SAS VA add-in. I open up a file I have been working on which has a tab where I have my data set to drive some charts and graphs. Rather then copy and paste this data from VA, I want to connect to the report so that I can always have it linked and quickly refresh my data.

I go to reports, connect to my data source, find the report I built and click insert onto the tab I want to keep the data in however I get the following error:

Unable to set the NumberFormat property of the Range class

Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Message: Unable to set the NumberFormat property of the Range class
Source: Microsoft Excel
Target Site: ForwardCallToInvokeMember
Help Link: xlmain11.chm

Whats strange is that it only happens with the file I am working in. If I make a new/clean tab in this file and try to import data, I get the error. This blows my mind because its a new tab with no formatting what so ever.  If I create a whole new file, the data imports fine. 

What could be the issue with this file that the Add-In does not like some formatting on one of the tabs?

Thanks

Joe

1 REPLY 1
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I suggest making sure you are up to date with SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office hot fixes

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation