BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

Hi!

When I try to start the Public LASR Analytics Server I get this error:

-1 -------------- Task Summary -------------- SUCCESS (SASJob PreCode) ERRORS (Store Process ID) ------- --------------------------------------- ERROR: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done ERROR: Setting permissions on "D: \ SAS \ ​​Config \ Lev1 \ Applications \ SASVisualAnalytics \ VisualAnalyticsAdministrator \ Monitoring \ PIDs \ smp_medpro_10031.pid" failed. ERROR: I / O failure.

Anyone knows what's going on?

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@JuanDaniel,

Make sure that the user who tries to start the LASR server has sufficient permissions to folder D:\SAS\​​Config\Lev1\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\Monitoring\PIDs\. Also, try to remove D:\SAS \​​Config\Lev1\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\Monitoring\PIDs\smp_medpro_10031.pid before next attempt, the file might be corrupted.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@JuanDaniel,

Make sure that the user who tries to start the LASR server has sufficient permissions to folder D:\SAS\​​Config\Lev1\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\Monitoring\PIDs\. Also, try to remove D:\SAS \​​Config\Lev1\Applications\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\Monitoring\PIDs\smp_medpro_10031.pid before next attempt, the file might be corrupted.

JuanDaniel
Quartz | Level 8

@alexal Thx  for the response.

I removed the file and I restarted the server and It's works!

Kind regards

alexal
SAS Employee

@JuanDaniel,

You are welcome! I have an explanation for you about what happened. When a non-distributed LASR server is started interactively by the administrator by clicking start in VA Admin or by using autostart, two additional SAS components are used:

• The job execution service in the SAS middle tier.
  • A SAS Object Spawner in the server tier.

These two components are used to start a workspace server in the server tier. The workspace server submits the code that starts the non-distributed server and it remains running. The execution sequence creates a dependency between a SAS LASR Analytic Server, the middle tier, and the SAS Object Spawner. If any of the following are stopped or restarted, a non-distributed server can stop or become unresponsive:

• the SAS Web Application Server (SASServern_m)
  • the related instance of the job execution service on the SAS Web Application Server
  • the SAS Object Spawner

Next time, before restarting any of those components, stop your LASR servers...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation