BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
naveenreddyj
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

We are getting below error for scheduled Job in SAS VA.

ERROR: Failed to load the SAS LASR Analytic Server access extension in the distributed computing environment.
ERROR: The server-side process that communicates with the LASR Analytic Server could not be established.

When we run the same query with play button in SAS VA Hub page it is running successfully.

Someone please suggest how to solve this issue.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
alexal
SAS Employee

@naveenreddyj,

Have you specified GRIDHOST, GRIDINSTALLLOC, and GRIDRSHCOMMAND globally? I suggest you to do that, especially GRIDRSHCOMMAND. Example of setting GRIDRSHCOMMAND with an OPTIONS statement in SAS code:

options set=GRIDRSHCOMMAND="/usr/bin/ssh -q -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no";

Example of setting GRIDRSHCOMMAND in SASFoundation/9.4/sasv9_local.cfg (useful for applying the variable globally and for environments where SAS code is auto-generated, such as SAS Visual Analytics):

-SET GRIDRSHCOMMAND "/usr/bin/ssh -q -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no"
naveenreddyj
Calcite | Level 5

@alexal

Thank you for your inputs.

I have included the options set=GRIDRSHCOMMAND="/usr/bin/ssh -q -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no";
given statement in our query. Now we are not getting error but the query is not getting executed completely. It stops execution after some part of the query without any error. But sometimes it is running completely without any error.

alexal
SAS Employee

@naveenreddyj,

What is the current value for MaxStartups on your TKGrid nodes?

sudo grep -i maxstartups /etc/ssh/sshd_config

naveenreddyj
Calcite | Level 5
# grep -i maxstartups /etc/ssh/sshd_config
#MaxStartups 10:30:100
#
alexal
SAS Employee

@naveenreddyj,

MaxStartups should be set at least to 1000 on each node of your cluster. Please make sure that you have restarted SSHD as well as LASR servers after making that change.

mandyusa
Calcite | Level 5

Understanding the SAS Visual Analytics AutoLoad Process

It’s easier to understand how these elements work together once you understand the overall process.  The AutoLoad Drop location has three directories: AutoLoad, Append, and Unload. Users place data in each directory based on the desired action and the AutoLoad process evaluates the data based on its name and its timestamp to determine if it is loaded or unloaded.  The following figure shows a basic overview of what happens to the data when placed in each folder.

2015_autoload_02-03_551_433.png

The following figure shows how the directory appears in Linux for the Public LASR Server. The EVDMLA and VALIBLA are the AutoLoad folders for the other LASR server libraries. HP offline support

emnipetro
Calcite | Level 5

The problem occurs when starting LASR with PROC LASR CREATE or when executing a high-performance procedure such as PROC HPDS2.

data-lake-tools-configure-local-data-root

errors might continue even after you have verified successful passwordless SSH authentication between all nodes.HP Support provides the solution of it but it can't be resolved my issue. 

alexal
SAS Employee

If you are using SAS 9.4 M4 and higher, please add this option to your program:

options set=SHOWGRIDMSG="1";

Repeat the problem and show me the log file.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation