BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DandarahZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am working on a project that requires me to use a schedule chart. I have 2 variables in a similar format.

1) CLASS START DATE (data format: d/m/yyyy hh:mm)

2) CLASS END DATE ((data format: d/m/yyyy hh:mm)

Part of the project requires me to get the time portion of the data. So naturally, i used this formula below:

Capture3.JPG

to which yielded the desired outcome of only the time portion of the data being displayed as shown below:

Capture5.JPG

However, when trying to apply the same technique/formula to the second variable, Class End Date, the results yielded a different result as below

Capture6.JPG

As shown in the picture below, the values are shown only as 0:00. I went back to the source data to recheck and reconfirm the data format/type but could not find any errors/irregularities.

Regards

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
That's what your data looks like, but it could be character variable or a numeric value with a format and those are different to deal with.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
What's the type/format on your original variable?
DandarahZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

i seem to have made a mistake while writing the question, I have re-edited the question and I hope you will take a look at it again.

As i described above, the format of the data is in the (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm) format

Regards

Dan

Reeza
Super User
That's what your data looks like, but it could be character variable or a numeric value with a format and those are different to deal with.
DandarahZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Found the error through this advice. Thank you!

Regards

Dan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation