BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
eslna
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey guys,

I have been using SAS VA for about a year, but have worked on multiple other reporting/BI tools before. Most of these tools provide this functionality I am about to describe by default, but it doesnt seem like SAS VA does.

I have several SAS VA reports with Date range filters. The reports work fine and the date filters adjust depending on the data. 

I want to know if there is a way to automatically set the end date of these date filters to "today" or whatever the "latest  date" is in the data. So if a user logs into VA on 2/23/2017, the end date on that filter defaults to 2/23/2017, or the newest date available in the data itself.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eslna
Obsidian | Level 7

I actually figured out a better way until SAS Va provides a proper solution.

I will hardcode the end dates in the date filters to some future date, say Dec 31st, 2030. This way, everytime the customer opens up the report the end date will always be recent. Until 2030 that is, but by then I will probably be retired 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

As you have discovered there is no Today() in SAS VA however there are multiple ways to achieve what you are after.

Have a look at the other posts in the community that give examples of functions and parameters to achieve this.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
eslna
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you, I will look into these.
eslna
Obsidian | Level 7

I actually figured out a better way until SAS Va provides a proper solution.

I will hardcode the end dates in the date filters to some future date, say Dec 31st, 2030. This way, everytime the customer opens up the report the end date will always be recent. Until 2030 that is, but by then I will probably be retired 😉

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation