BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
y_shinozaki
Calcite | Level 5

Few yeas ago VSD has been implemented. We would like to access to prep file which generated on VDSVSD from existing EG.

Can we do that?

7 REPLIES 7
y_shinozaki
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for reply, Kurt.

>What do you mean by VDS or VSD?

VSD(Visual Scenario  Designer) is correct. 

>If the file has a textual format, provide an example.

No, I don't have any sample data.

What we want do is to treat data which is deploied on memory by VSD with EG.
In my understanding, EG can access to database directly. But it cannot access to prep file.
If there are any solution, I appreceate if I could get them.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Still, what is VSD!!!???

Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Ah, now I get it.

If the result from the VSD steps are stored in LASR, you should be able to access it from EG, given that you have the appropriate authorization.

I haven't used VSD, but since it's a VA specific application, my guess is that the preparation itself is not in reusable SAS code. But you could probably quite easily mimic the prep steps in EG, given that you are fairly familiar with EG tasks and/or SAS programming.

Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Do you refer to a Visio drawing?

But I'm not aware of the exact meaning of a prep file. Please attach a sample for better understanding.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation