BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cuevasj
Quartz | Level 8

I have a bar chart with three clusters: District Avg, School Avg, and Student Avg. I then group by (using lattice columns) School Year, and Grade. I need a reference line that is dynamic because the Proficient Level changes from grade to grade.

Any ideas? 

(I have attached a picture of what I would like the graph to look like when I'm done.)

Dynamic Reference Lines.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Add it to the data 🙂

BR

Fredrik

cuevasj
Quartz | Level 8
I do have it in my data. The question is how to add a value to the graph when the value changes based on grade level since the reference line only allows a numeric value and not a variable value.
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hm, maybe I don't follow you here 🙂

My thought was to add a meassure with your reference, and that it has different values depending on dimesnsion etc.

Then use a bar/line chart with the reference as the line, but that is maybe not what you want or isn't achievable that way?

BR

Fredrik

cuevasj
Quartz | Level 8
A "Bar Chart" object does not allow for a target, only a reference line, and reference lines are not dynamic, they cannot be set to a Measure.

A "Targeted Bar Chart" does not allow for multiple Measures, so I cannot group the student, school, teacher and district results in one graph.
VROUSSAKIS
Calcite | Level 5

You should create a custom graph with Graph builder that will be combination of a bar chart and a line chart.

cuevasj
Quartz | Level 8

I tried, but was unsuccesful. Can you walk me through creating a custom graph to do this?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation