BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
max00d
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to create a way to get the default selection in a listbox to be the latest month.  As time goes on this obviously changes.  This seems like it should be easy but I just cant figure it out.  Can anyone help?  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Max,

Is it List (Controls) or List table?

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni

max00d
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

it's in a drop-down list control

Thaks

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

I don't think so it is possible!!!!, Lets see some of our community members will give us solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni.

RobNewZealand
Calcite | Level 5

Hey guys, One example we have is do it on the data side so basically the dataset is amended each month.  We have a example of this... which works reasonabily well , however when you want to use the functionality of  difference between this period and last period I imagine its going to break.  This is something im trying to look into at the moment.  So sorry not really a answer but feeling your pain... Cheers Rob

Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey max,

I think its doable, can you try below option and let me know if it works for you.

First make your dropdown value an required field. ( Go to the properties tab and navigate to your dropdown control and check the Required check box )

That will make you mandatory to select the field in the dropdown. Then right click your dropdown go to the "sort frequency" option and change it to descending.

let me if it works for you.

Thanks

Amol

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

There is a related discussion

Thanks & Regards,

Teja Surapaneni

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation