BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MVras
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I currently run on SAS VA 8.3. Is it not possible to create a polygon from a specific point on my map without pinning the spot? It generally looks bad with the pins, and I've seen that in earlier VA versions it was possible to right click a marker on the map and create a drive time polygon from that point.

/Martin

3 REPLIES 3
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Hi Martin,

In latest Visual Analytics you always need a location pin in order to execute any geospatial actions including drive-time/drive distance or routing. Hope this helps.

Regards, Falko

CKjeldsen
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Falko

Is it possible to automatically create the location pins based on latitude and longitude in a dataset, or must they be created manually? We are using VA 8.3.

If it is possible to create the location pins automatically is it then possible to make VA do the drive-time analysis automatically around each pin?

Best regards

Christian

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Not currently unfortunately. However - such capability is in the planning and covers the ability to calculate drive-time analysis given data points. VA geographical maps will soon support multiple overlays (VA 8.5) and as such one overlay may be used as multi-drive-time calculations. I can send another update once I have more concrete release dates for that. 

Regards, Falko

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation