BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LorenzDA
Fluorite | Level 6

We are using SAS Visual Analytics release 8.3.1

I am having trouble configuring a report so I can use the "Distribute report" feature to send it to the business clients. The report has 3 crosstabs all located vertically top down vertically on the page. As per instructions, to configure the layout for a report to be distributed in pdf format, one most use the configuration options using the "print" feature. I choose print and the print window comes up. I then choose portrait for orientation and then choose the "Expand clipped and non-visible content". I then click on "Print" to generate the pdf document.

The first pages in the document show the crosstabs as they would look in the report as any further rows or columns that need to be scrolled to are not displayed. The pages after that then show the crosstabs containing all the rows and columns.

How do I removed the first display of crosstabs that only show partial rows/columns? I am wondering if this is a bug in that they are of no use.

1 REPLY 1
LorenzDA
Fluorite | Level 6

I have managed to get the pdf copy formatted properly. In the "Print to PDF" box, I chose "Select Objects" and under Objects I just chose the 3 crosstabs. The pdf document then displayed only the 3 crosstabs.

I thought I had solved the problem. According to these instructions:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=vareports&docsetTarget=p02esqryzfn80dn1mpc2gg2030h5.htm&docs...

"The Document Setup options for printing that you save with a report are used when you distribute the report to other users."

Thinking this has been solved, I configured "Distribute Report" to email me a pdf copy. To my disappointment, two of the crosstabs were horizontally next to each other and columns were cut off. Looking at this more closely, the "Print to PDF" dialog box has 2 tables "Document Setup" and "Select Objects". The website says "Document Setup" options for printing used to save with a report are used to distribute a report to other users.

Can someone confirm that the "Select Objects" tab in the "Print to PDF" dialog box has no effect? If so, this is a limitation in that visuals horizontally next to each other will have information cut off making the "Distribute Report" feature next to useless.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation