BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bhawna3688
Calcite | Level 5

Hi VA Users,

I have 2 List Control in my Report section i.e. Country and City, with an interaction defined between them. This means if I select one country in first List Control, all the cities of that country will be displayed in the second List Control. The interaction is working fine.

Now, I want to know if it’s possible to activate one List Control only when other List Control is selected. Example – If I select one Country in first List control, only then the City List Control should get activated. This means I should not be allowed to select the City if I did not select the Country first.

I hope I was able to explain the situation clearly.  Kindly revert if you know of any possible solution.

Thanks a ton.

Bhawna

3 REPLIES 3
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you make the selection mandatory, one country is always selected and by that also the corresponding cities 🙂

You might also use a cross tab?!

//Fredrik

Bhawna3688
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Fredrik for the response. What if I don't want to make the selection Mandatory. Is there a solution for this scenario?

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I don't really know, maybe you can add an "-All-" - value to the dimension and create a filter that handles it :0

Maybe someone else have suggestions 🙂 ?

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation