BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ghartge
Quartz | Level 8

Greetings!

OK, so I am trying to delete a report using Management console and I get an error message stating I cannot do this with reference to a log that I or our IT guys can't locate. I have a screenshot in the attached pdf.

Each of us has all the rights possible so we are scratching our heads as to why we cannot simply delete a report.

Thanks,

Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can try deleting the report from an installation of SAS Management Console on the midtier where Visual Analytics is deployed. If that is not possible, turning on SAS Management Console logging might provide more information. See this SAS note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/43/157.html

Are you seeing any of the symptoms listed in this SAS note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/53/119.html

SASKiwi
PROC Star

One possible reason for your error message is the SMC you are using doesn't have all of the necessary plug-ins for administering VA reports.

If you have access to the SAS VA metadata server, then you can try remotely logging onto it, start SMC on the server itself and try deleting a VA report - do you get the same error? If not, compare the plug-ins here with the SMC with the errors and I suspect you will see differences.

To fix this problem you need to update SMC by running the SAS Deployment Wizard from the SAS VA Software Depot.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation