BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
max00d
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a number of users who are requesting to be able to sort a numeric column in descending order.  I know that if you click on it it will sort ascending - click again and it will then sort descending.  Apparently, two click is proving to be too much of a chore for mu users (!!!), and despite all the other functionality and information that is being delivered to them in VA - I keep getting asked if the default sort option can be descending [note that the table in question is sorted by date as the default setting - it is the user interaction that I am requesting, i.e. when being viewed and not edited].

I cant find any setting to do this and I have a feeling that this option is not available.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
rsleslie
Fluorite | Level 6

No.  I'm looking for multiple column sorting a table interactively.  For instance, year and month.  Know if that exists?

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You should be able to sort mulitple columns by holding down the CTRL key and then clicking the column headers in the sort priority order.

rsleslie
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks. The click order to set priority is the key.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation