BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jim_Ogilvie
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I have some budgetary data that needs to be included on a VA report, which is provided at a "Department" level.

The VA report in question is built over a dataset that is at the sales invoice level.

What would be your advice on the best ways to allow the top level visualisations, at Company and Department level, to show the budget data along with actual sales metrics, whilst allowing drill down all the way to the sales invoice level.

I was thinking of doing something in SAS Studio at the data prep stage, perhaps dividing the budget by number of invoices to give budget column, which should then sum all the way back up once in VA...

Thanks in advance

Jim

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Jim, are you still working on this?

If you join the two tables, it seems like the visualization should be rather straightforward using a crosstab. You could create a hierarchy of Company > Department > Invoice (or whatever.)

Let us know if there are specifics we can help with.

Thanks,

Sam

Jim_Ogilvie
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the reply Sam,

I decided to use the two table approach, using shared filters to sync up the visual components.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
That works 🙂 Thanks for following up with us

Sam

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation