BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
blewsas
Obsidian | Level 7

When I view my heat map in the Editor, the days of week (Sunday, Monday, etc.) show up properly (except that I can't custom sort them - see my other post from today). 

editor.jpg

However, when I view the same heat map in the Report, they show up as "o3Jan1960", "04Jan1960", etc.  Any ideas why?  SAS VA 8.3

report.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

without seeing your code it is a best guess.  I would say you are applying a format to the column that contains a date value.

create a new column that contains the string value that represents the day of the week and use that new column in your report.

blewsas
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, my calculation is

DatePart('Offence TMST'n)

And I am applying the "Day of Week" format to this.

How do I "create a new column that contains the string value that represents the day of the week and use that new column in your report."?

Thanks!

blewsas
Obsidian | Level 7

I deleted the old data item "Offence Day of Week" and created a new one by right-clicking on the "Offence TMST" (datetime) data item and selecting "Duplicate Data Item".  I renamed the new item to "Offence Day of Week" and applied the "Day, Date" format. 

That gives me what I want -  "Offence Days of Week" of "Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", etc.  However, I have the same problem when I view the report - they change to "03Jan1960", "04Jan1960", "05Jan1960", etc.

Help!  Very frustrating!

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

That's a really weird behaviour, maybe something for sas support....:)

//Fredrik

ballardw
Super User

My guess, since I have never had access to VA, is that the transform to get the day of week from a date value inherited the date variables format because you did not explicitly override it and that is what the report used by default.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation