BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Poddy88
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to do something extermely simple, but am unable to find anything on the subject.

At the moment I've put two dates into a slider 3rd July & 5th July. Which I've set to single (you can only select 1 date at a time).

I have data which references these two points across a number of data sets, which populates when I change the slider.

What I'm finding is VA is automatically populating the slider with an additional date "4th of July", this is a problem as I have no data which references this point, resulting in a lot of empty charts.....

Is there a way of restricting the slider to only data that exists? rather than it trying to fill in the gaps.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottJP
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm in 7.4 - You have some more options but still can't do what you are after sorry.. Have tried some advanced filters and have added an interaction filter to the slider from a list table with the values in, but it still shows the full day by day range. I would suggest you derive a week number instead or something and always show a week of data in a chart, as a workaround. 

Sliders Properties2.PNG

Sliders Properties3.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottJP
Obsidian | Level 7

I've been trying to see a way to do this, and have tried all sorts - But not got anything sorry..

Poddy88
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for having a look, I've spoken to a few people.

It appears that this is just the way it's been set-up and cannot be amended.

Supposedly, this can be changed in VA 7.4 and can be made dynamic

ScottJP
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm in 7.4 - You have some more options but still can't do what you are after sorry.. Have tried some advanced filters and have added an interaction filter to the slider from a list table with the values in, but it still shows the full day by day range. I would suggest you derive a week number instead or something and always show a week of data in a chart, as a workaround. 

Sliders Properties2.PNG

Sliders Properties3.PNG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation