BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dtan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi gurus,

I'm new to SAS VA. We are in the process of implementing the latest version (7.1 I think it is). I have one question I'd like your help with.

When you are building or viewing a report, you can view the Data elements in the Data panel. When you hover over an element you can view some details about it (name, datasource name, type, format, etc) - is there any way to extend this? We want to be able to show the definition behind calculations so that users can make an informed decision about what they are using and viewing.

Some examples of what we'd like to show:

We have an insurance division who need to see Gross Written Premium - we want to expose the definition of GWP (what it includes and doesn't include) to users

If we have a KPI on phone calls we want to be able to expose any scenarios that exclude a call from being included in the calc

Is this something that can be done in VA? If so, how?

Thanks for your help!!

Cheers

Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Daniel,

SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 (and earlier releases) don't provide a way for users to customize the information about data items that's displayed in the data item table (below the list of data items) on the Data tab or on hover.  Only the name, classification, format, and aggregation are available.

-Joy

dtan
Calcite | Level 5

Well that's a bummer! Oh well. At least I know now. Thanks for your help.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

An alternative way of displaying this type of information to users would be to have it in report commentaries.

dtan
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your suggestion. I might have a think about how we could use this effectively.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation