BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GM_C
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi there,  

After several years on VA 7.x, I'm now on VA 8.2 !

It's really great to use new feature but i've got some troubles to use one of them. 

The DATA DRIVEN CONTENT ! A New feature at great potential that allow you to use external graph like d3.js or google chart into VA report's.

I'm very hyped by this but at the moment the most valuable informations i have are here :

Working with Data-Driven Content in support.sas.com 

- SAS Software Git Hub

So if any of you have any information on this subject, it would be nice if he communicated it to me !  

Regards, 

GM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
HI GM,

Data Driven Content is a new feature for VA and not a lot of information is available yet. We do provide this topic:

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=8.2&docsetId=varef&docsetTarget=n109mqtyl6qu...

Hopefully you have already found it.

Currently the user doc does not link to the Github repository yet, but I will try and get that added soon so that more users will find it and contribute.

Thanks,
Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KeithM
SAS Employee

You can see an example of Data driven content by simply dragging over the Dynamic Text object onto the canvas.  If you look at the source html code behind the scenes then you will see that the default view is data driven content.  Initially, I tried to reference my html files from another server, but I was not successful.  I had success when I placed my html (data driven content) on my VA server in  /opt/sas/viya/home/var/www/html/htmlcommons.   I can then reference the file using this syntax:   http://yourVAserver/htmlcommons/yourfile.html

You can test this by taking the source code mentioned above and save it to the htmlcommons directory. 

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Keith,

For VA to use HTML content on another server, the other server must allow its content to be displayed in an IFrame. Could this be your issue?
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
HI GM,

Data Driven Content is a new feature for VA and not a lot of information is available yet. We do provide this topic:

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=8.2&docsetId=varef&docsetTarget=n109mqtyl6qu...

Hopefully you have already found it.

Currently the user doc does not link to the Github repository yet, but I will try and get that added soon so that more users will find it and contribute.

Thanks,
Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation