BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RSM1
Calcite | Level 5

We have 2 dashboards with independent data sources (different servers and libraries), saved in different folders.  As of 2 days ago, the Geo Bubble Maps for both are now blank and display the following error "the geographic datasets needed to display this object were not found; possible centroids service failure".  Per the support notes, I've confirmed that SASUSERS have explicit permissions to Read Metadata on the Products folder. I've also confirmed that the data tables are loaded and the zip code data is still present and correctly formatted, and the same data is working fine in other visualizations.  We're on  Visual Analytics 7.4.

What else could be causing this issue?

Rebecca

3 REPLIES 3
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

I'm assuming you are referring to SAS Note http://support.sas.com/kb/59/602.html. Are you able to share the details of the related error message (there should be a 'show details' button in the dialog). SAS VA geographical maps rely on underlying lookup tables - in particular tables such as VAWORLD, ZIPCODE, etc - all stored in a library named VALIB. The related tables are usually loaded automatically but maybe a recent configuration/system change prevented that? If you can't resolve it - you could also ask our technical support team for help who have experience in debugging such issues. 

Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

RSM1
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, that's the SAS note I was referencing.  I'm not sure how to share the details in this case - I'm seeing the 'centroids' error when I hover over the red 'X' in the corner of the map in Designer.  In Viewer, I just see 'Server Data Failure'.  I'm happy to contact tech support if that's the best way to proceed.  Thanks!

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

I'm not sure I have seen this error before. I thought - it usually comes up as an error dialog - similar to the once in the SAS note. This usually has a bit more detail in there about the related issue. I would definitively check whether related VALIB library is properly assigned in LASR along with tables loaded as mentioned before. If that's all correctly done but it still doesn't work - I would probably ask technical support for help here. They respond quickly and chances are they have seen/heard about this issue before and can suggest a quick solution.

Regards, Falko

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation