BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mm84
Calcite | Level 5

Hi community,

I have problems trying to show data in a Schedule Chart in SAS Visual Analytics. My dataset has data simmilar to the following:

PROC SQL;
CREATE TABLE WORK.MYDATA
(Project char(10), 
 Dataset char(10),
 StartDateProject datetime format=datetime18. ,
 EndDateProject datetime format=datetime18.
);

INSERT INTO WORK.MYDATA
VALUES('Project1', 'Dataset1', "26jul2019:08:10:20"dt, "26jul2019:08:10:50"dt) 
VALUES('Project1', 'Dataset2', "26jul2019:08:10:20"dt, "26jul2019:08:10:50"dt) 
VALUES('Project2', 'Dataset1', "26jul2019:10:10:67"dt, "26jul2019:12:10:50"dt)
VALUES('Project2', 'Dataset1', "26jul2019:10:10:67"dt, "26jul2019:12:10:50"dt)
VALUES('Project2', 'Dataset1', "26jul2019:10:10:67"dt, "26jul2019:12:10:50"dt); 

QUIT;

In SAS Visual Analytics I have an Schedule Chart where I want to show Projects and its Start and Finish DateTime.

However it does not show anything because it says there si too much data to show.

I assing Project to Task, and Start/EndDateProject to Start and Finish fields.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya, the limit for Schedule Charts is 3,000 result rows, which are the rows returned from the query itself. Could your actual data be exceeding that limit? You could apply a filter, maybe a slider, and keep adjusting to see if results show up. Depending on your release, you might have an Override system limit option for the object.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya, the limit for Schedule Charts is 3,000 result rows, which are the rows returned from the query itself. Could your actual data be exceeding that limit? You could apply a filter, maybe a slider, and keep adjusting to see if results show up. Depending on your release, you might have an Override system limit option for the object.

mm84
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @Madelyn_SAS ,

Thanks for your answer. In effect, my dataset has more than 3000 rows, however I thougth that this chart will group the values, taking into account that the selected task si the column Project that only has 8 different values.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The limit is on the number of unique rows returned from the query and not data that will actually be visualized in the chart. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation