BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
C_Holdinghausen
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

i try to configure the "new" SAS VA 7.3 Hub for a customer.

His idea is to show the people only the reports that they are allowed to use. 

So i have to remove all the things showed in the picture from the Hub, for single users. 

My Problem is that simply removing Capabilities in the MSC is not enough.

I have to remove functions (Browse, Shortcut, Collection), Welcome Screen, Recent and Links.

Configured Collections and Favorites should be displayed.

Is there any possability to create different themes/templates for the Hub?

I hope someone is able to help me solving this problem. 

Kind regards

Carsten

image001.png
13 REPLIES 13
Rain
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Carsten.

Were you able to solve this issue? I am also interested how to limit the appearance of objects in the hub.

Rain

ScottJP
Obsidian | Level 7

It's easy to turn off Browse, Shortcut, Collection and the Explorer/Designer buttons. They are under 'Action Button Area' under Tiles. Recent and Links can be turned off in the same way, they're also under 'Tiles'. It's all in Application Options --> Settings. (In 7.4)

Capture10.PNG

Rain
Obsidian | Level 7

That was easy- I somehow managed to miss Tiles selection myself when opening the settings page.

But do you know if these settings related to tiles can be somehow manged globally for set of users by administrator?

ScottJP
Obsidian | Level 7

Um I've not tried to be honest - I know you can replace the samples and push out reports via Administrator in the Hub - Have a look in the SAS Management Console as well. There might be a section on Hub management in the SAS documentation. 

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

There's some information about administering the SAS Visual Analytics Hub in the SAS Visual Analytics 7.3: Administration Guide.  For example, it covers setting up guest access (which automatically removes individualized features like alerts and history and lets the admin decide about favorites and preferences as read-only).

SAS Visual Analytics Hub does not provide a way to customize its appearance or the text that displays in the Welcome tile.

-Joy

Rain
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you both.

Rain

ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8

Dear Joy.

Is there any way to hide links, welcome note recent etc. for all the users.

These users are registered sas users.

Regards,

Ashish

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Ashish,

Unfortunately, you can't hide the Welcome tile for all users in the 7.x releases. Individual users can hide the Welcome tile using the three dots in the upper right and selecting Hide.

An administrator can share links with users and hide shared links in 7.x. However, they can't hide links that individual users have added.

Regards,

Joy

ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks. however what about other tiles apart from welcome note. Is it possible to hide other tiles using administrator credentials for all the user ?
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

From the UI, the administrator can't hide other tiles like Favorites. However, there are some administration settings for the home page, like setting guest access. For information about roles, capabilities, and configuration properties for the home page, see pgs 70-73 in the SAS Visual Analytics 7.3: Administration Guide (PDF).

Regards,

Joy

ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Joy,

Thanks for your quick response! 

I will check the guide which you have shared and then see what can i do maximum. 

Update you if i get something out of it. 

Regards,

Ashish

ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8

HI Rain,

Did you find any work around for hiding links, welcome notes etc. for all the users globally ?

Regards,

Ashish

Rain
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Ashish,

unfortunately not- we weren't able to resolve our aim.

Br.

Rain

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation