BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In a SAS VA Crosstab (VA 7.3) using either Data Visualization or Report Designer is there any way to remove a redundant Column Heading? In my case I'm displaying one measure in the crosstab underneath a date, for example Percentage:

201601         201602        201603        <== Crosstab Column Variable

Percentage  Percentage  Percentage  <== Crosstab Measure

Percentage happens to be the measure variable name but there doesn't appear to be any way of removing the word Percentage from being repeated across all columns. I know I could assign a non-printable character to the variable label and VA would use that instead of the variable name but I suspect it would still show a blank column heading instead of removing it entirely. Is there a better way?

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

On the Style tab, under Measure headings, try changing the background color of the Format property (this property affects the text) to match the Background color. You will have what look like blank cells, but you wouldn't have to change the name, which would affect everywhere the data item is used.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

That hides the text in the heading but still leaves the heading row in place. Its not ideal but I guess it is the easiest workaround.

I was thinking about how PROC REPORT handles a blank variable label in a heading and removes the heading row completely - maybe a nice feature for a later version?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation