BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Arnout_VB
Calcite | Level 5

Dear,

I am trying to work out an interaction between a cross table to another crosstable based on a different analytical based table using data mapping on several attributes. For one section this works fine because the mapped attribute of this session does effectively filter my other crosstable. When I am however using another section I depart from of which I have attributes that should filter my target cross table the data mapping is not filtering on the attributes I mapped.

I tried visualising both attributes in both cross tables (which should normally not even be necessary) without any effect. Checked length for white spaces in DB but these are the same.

Is there anything I am not seeing? What are possible problems for interactions that are not working?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gr
Arnout

1 REPLY 1
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Are any of your data items duplicated? If so, please see http://support.sas.com/kb/60/144.html

Also, I think that you said that you did this, but I wanted to make sure that this point was clear:

If you create interactions between multiple objects on the same data source, but on different columns in that data source, then you must map each and every column in a Map Data Sources window. If you do not do this, then a subsequent mapping for the data source overrides a previous mapping.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation