BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SamQ
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm using SAS VA Viewer 7.3.

I'm working with a basic stored process which shows one sentence with the current year and the passed year thanks to macro-variables in the SAS code.

My problem is that I've tried everything to put the color of the background in white. But nothing works! It stills in grey.

[...]
PROC TEMPLATE;
  DEFINE STYLE styles.Myyears;
    PARENT=styles.minimal;
    STYLE Body from Body /
      TOPMARGIN = 0px
      BOTTOMMARGIN = 0px
      RIGHTMARGIN = 0px
      LEFTMARGIN = 0px
      BACKGROUND=cxFFFFFF
      BACKGROUNDCOLOR=cxFFFFFF
      BORDERWIDTH=0
      BORDERCOLOR=cxFFFFFF
      BORDERTOPSTYLE=solid
      BORDERTOPCOLOR=cxFFFFFF
      BORDERTOPWIDTH=0
      BORDERLEFTSTYLE=solid
      BORDERLEFTCOLOR=cxFFFFFF
      BORDERLEFTWIDTH=0
      BORDERRIGHTSTYLE=solid
      BORDERRIGHTCOLOR=cxFFFFFF
      BORDERRIGHTWIDTH=0;
  END;
RUN;

ODS ESCAPECHAR='^';
ODS LISTING CLOSE;
ODS PATH r_perso.tmplmst(update) sasuser.tmplmst(read) sashelp.tmplmst(read);
ODS HTML style=styles.Myyears OPTIONS(PAGEBREAK="no");
PROC ODSTEXT;
  P "My Years : ^{style[FONT_WEIGHT=BOLD]N = &YearA.} and ^{style[FONT_WEIGHT=BOLD]N-1 = &YearB.}" / style=[JUST=left FONT_SIZE=9PT FONT_FACE='Arial' COLOR=#000000 BACKGROUNDCOLOR=#FFFFFF];
RUN;
ODS HTML CLOSE;
ODS LISTING;

[...]

Please, see the result in attachment.

I would be very grateful for any advices to put the whole background in white.

Thanks for your help,

SamQ

Stored process background color.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SamQ
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I've found the solution, thanks to a colleague.

Checking the html code resulting to the execution of the stored process via a shell command on Unix, we realized that the problem came from the stored process macros %STPBEGIN and %STPEND.

Indeed, they have some default options which affect the ODS output, in my case : the background color of the body's ODS output.

They are many options we can settle (cf. http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/stpmacro.html).

So, I've created a style with the desired attributes, a white background color among others, and I've modified the macro _ODSSTYLE in order to be equal to my new style :

PROC TEMPLATE;
    PARENT=styles.minimal;
    STYLE Body from Body /
      TOPMARGIN = 0px
      BOTTOMMARGIN = 0px
      RIGHTMARGIN = 0px
      LEFTMARGIN = 0px
      BACKGROUND=cxFFFFFF
      BORDERTOPWIDTH=0
      BORDERCOLOR=cxFFFFFF;
  END;
RUN;
%let _ODSSTYLE=styles.Myyears;
%STPBEGIN;

[...]

%STPEND;

You can see the result below.

Stored process white background color.png

Thanks for your help,

SamQ

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Looks like your background color is white.  I think your stored process is in a container and SAS VA is controlling the page color.

Does the rest of your SAS VA report use a gray background?

I've read some different posts that talk about the stored process server not honoring templates.

Here's one: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Stored-Processes/Using-custom-style-in-stored-process/td-p/4979

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

SamQ
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Tricia,

Thank you for helping me.

As you can see on the picture in my last attachment, there is on line (this where the years are written) which is really in white thanks to the SAS code in bold :

P "My Years : ^{style[FONT_WEIGHT=BOLD]N = &YearA.} and ^{style[FONT_WEIGHT=BOLD]N-1 = &YearB.}" / style=[JUST=left

FONT_SIZE=9PT FONT_FACE='Arial' COLOR=#000000 BACKGROUNDCOLOR=#FFFFFF];

The rest of the background of the stored process container is in a kind of grey.

The problem is that this stored process container is between two text containers which have really white backgrounds. I mean that the difference of backgrounds is blatant.

According to VA, the style of my background's container must be white. If you see my tests in attachment (cf. attachment : "Stored process styles.png" / ['Arrière-plan'=Background, yes I'm French]), you'll see that VA-style isn't in control of the stored process background color.

I therefore conclude that the background color of my stored process container must be changed by the SAS code.

Can you see something wrong in the SAS code that I've written in the pasted post?

Do you have an example which is working?

Thanks for your help,

SamQ

Stored process styles.png
SamQ
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I've found the solution, thanks to a colleague.

Checking the html code resulting to the execution of the stored process via a shell command on Unix, we realized that the problem came from the stored process macros %STPBEGIN and %STPEND.

Indeed, they have some default options which affect the ODS output, in my case : the background color of the body's ODS output.

They are many options we can settle (cf. http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/stpmacro.html).

So, I've created a style with the desired attributes, a white background color among others, and I've modified the macro _ODSSTYLE in order to be equal to my new style :

PROC TEMPLATE;
    PARENT=styles.minimal;
    STYLE Body from Body /
      TOPMARGIN = 0px
      BOTTOMMARGIN = 0px
      RIGHTMARGIN = 0px
      LEFTMARGIN = 0px
      BACKGROUND=cxFFFFFF
      BORDERTOPWIDTH=0
      BORDERCOLOR=cxFFFFFF;
  END;
RUN;
%let _ODSSTYLE=styles.Myyears;
%STPBEGIN;

[...]

%STPEND;

You can see the result below.

Stored process white background color.png

Thanks for your help,

SamQ

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation