BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
juliamorgan
Fluorite | Level 6

I have one section / tab that contains information about the tabs / sections.

I want to set up a link so that the user can click on the text box and it will take them to the section / tab with that information in it.

The below insutructions suggest that you can do it - but when I select 'New' in the Interactions Tab, it only gives me the option for 'Interaction' . 'Section Link' (which is what I want) is greyed out. The interactions view wont allow me to do it either.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Any way around this?

using v 7.3

Thanks,

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/66223/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0avi8j19qgkkun1q5znm...

"

Create a Link to One or More Sections in a Report

To add a link from a report object, text, or image to a specific section in the same report:
  1. Click the Interactions tab.
  2. Click New, and then select Section Link. The Create Section Link window is displayed.
    Create Section Link Window
    Create Section Link Window
  3. Select All to link to all of the sections in the report or select a specific section (or sections) in the report.
    Click OK. The new section link is displayed on the Interactions tab in the right pane. If you selected multiple sections, those links are displayed on the Interactions tab.
Alternatively, you can create a section link using the interactions view."
1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Why not just using the tabs that already exist? 🙂
There is a way to create "buttons" with links, create a heat map with a custom category with only on value (this value is shown on the "button") and assign it to the heat map. Then create a link from the heat map to the desired tab.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation