BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
thesasuser
Pyrite | Level 9

I am new to SAS Viya 3.5. Trying to understand the concept of project, creating projects and reports.
I would appreciate if somebody can provide me link to documentation / tutorials on creating projects and anything that help me understand the concept

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
It has been a while since I messed with projects.

Projects are metadata entities, I don't think there is any physical file associated with them. I believe that all projects are stored in the same virtual folder within the metadata repository.

I don't think you can share a project in the same way you can share other stuff in SAS Drive (i.e., right-click and select "Share"). Instead, the owner of the project can add members. I believe users that you add as members will receive a notification when you do this.

The Drive team will be interested to know, are you an external SAS customer?

Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

SAS Drive projects were actually removed from Viya 4 a while back, so that might be part of why you can't find doc.

Here is some doc:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/8.5/drive/p00etpiv67hnl2n141wjv79a6wy5.htm

Instead of using projects, consider just using a shared folder. Part of the reason projects were dropped in Viya 4 is that almost no customers were using them.

Sam

thesasuser
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks so much @Sam_SAS 
 I am using SAS Viya 3.5 and have to work on projects. I will appreciate if you can answer a few more question.
Where is the project saved on the disk OR are they virtual folders? 
Can I share them?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
It has been a while since I messed with projects.

Projects are metadata entities, I don't think there is any physical file associated with them. I believe that all projects are stored in the same virtual folder within the metadata repository.

I don't think you can share a project in the same way you can share other stuff in SAS Drive (i.e., right-click and select "Share"). Instead, the owner of the project can add members. I believe users that you add as members will receive a notification when you do this.

The Drive team will be interested to know, are you an external SAS customer?

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation