BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chrisjab
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a table (CustomerStatus) with two groups identified as Active and Inactive, I am trying to graph the total of active as a percentage of the overall population [Active/ (Active+Inactive) ]on SAS VA using a timeline and I am having some difficulties. 

ie. January 89%, February 76% .......

3 REPLIES 3
meredithbailey
SAS Employee

Hello chrisjab,

With the timeline that you want to use, is your date variable recognized as a category or a date/time value? In addition, are there two distinct variables for Inactive and Active? What variables does your table include? If you could specify what your table includes or attach a screenshot to your reponse it would be much appreciated. 

Best, 

Meredith Bailey 

chrisjab
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Meredith,

My data set consists of CustomerNumber, CustomerName, CustomerStatus (Active/Inactive), TransactionDate (mm/dd/yyyy), Transaction Amount (Dollar).

I am getting my tables summarized on SAS EG to transfer them to SAS VA for reporting. Since there are multiple transactions per customer, I am unable to graph the total number of unique customers based on their status (Active/Inactive). For Example: CustomerNumber 456987 is identified as Active however since he had 5 transactions he's coming up 5 times. On SAS VA I want to make sure that he's unique (as well as all other customers with multiple transactions)  

How can I do that given that my ultimate goal is to create a pie showing the % of inactive vs. Active ? 

Frank_Boekamp
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Chris,

My 5 cents:

You can create a distinct count of customer Number category.

Splits the active/inactive customers in 2 different categories (set the other part of a category to missing value)

Create distinct counts on those categories

Create a new aggregated measure like this:

Distinct [_ByGroup_] ('Active Customer Number'n)  / Distinct [_ByGroup_] ('Customer Numer'n)

This should give you a percentage active customers.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation