BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tweehh
SAS Employee

Hi experts,

I'm trying to copy some objects (along with the data) from Report A to Report B. I was wondering if I make some changes on those objects in Report A, will Report B be updated with the same changes too?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

What process are you using to copy objects?

If you use object templates (save to Object pane), then the objects in the second report will not be updated when you update the original object in the first report.

I don't think there is a way to include one object into multiple reports and have changes to the object propagated automatically.

Sam

tweehh
SAS Employee
I save the object to the object pane and use it in different reports.
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Try combining save data view and save object to object pane.
With data view you're half through as aggregated measures and formats can be transferred from one report to another.
Another more complicated choice would be to enter the report structure by pressing alt+shift+b and copy the relaxants xml code.
tweehh
SAS Employee
If I make changes on the original object, will it be updated in the other reports too?
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

No, the object will not automatically be updated in the other reports.

You will need to do something like this:

1. Make updates to the original object

2. Save the object to the Objects pane as a new template (you cannot update templates)

3. In each report that uses the template, delete the objects based on the old template and replace them with new objects based on the new template.

It is a hassle, but if you have complicated option settings and filters it can still be worthwhile.

Sam

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation