BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sam2022
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys..

I want to create 2 reports:

Report1 as below( when user double click on 0, it will go to report2):

Sam2022_2-1725275790874.png

Report2.. (if the user chose category1 in report1, the dropdown will show all category however the table and the tabs will get filtered based on what chosen in report1)

Sam2022_1-1725275626486.png

Example:

Report1...

Sam2022_3-1725275939735.png

Report2:

Sam2022_4-1725276329419.png

5 REPLIES 5
HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

I have not tried this myself yet but I think the only possible way this would work is if that dropdown list used a completely separate datasource and that it was not mapped from Report 1.

Something like this:

1. Report 1 uses Datasource 1. 

2. Report 2 uses Datasource 2 for that drop down list, and then Datasource 1 for the remaining objects (button bar, table).

3. Within report 2, creating a mapping between Datasource 2 and Datasource 1 so that the drop down list will properly interact with the button bar and table. 

4. In your report link from Report 1 to Report 2, do not create a data mapping here from Datasource  1 to Datasource 2.

The only potential issue is that the mapping you create in step 3 might be enough to cause the report link in step 4 to filter the drop down list anyway. I'm hoping that is not the case.

Sam2022
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @HunterT_SAS 

I tried your way, however when I choose from the dropdown the data is not reflecting and I checked the data mapping. is there any other way?

Sam2022
Obsidian | Level 7
If I choose cat1 from report1 then go to report2 the data shows correctly. But after if I choose from the dropdown in report2, the data doesn't reflect 😞
HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

Ok, so the report link itself works the way you want it to, but in report 2 selecting something from the drop down does not filter the table in this report? If that is correct, then we can forget report 1 for now, that sounds like it is working the way we want.

Instead, something must not be right with the mapping that was created in report 2. In order for the mapping the work, the source data item in the mapping must be used in the drop down list. Further the two data items you are mapping must use the same format. 

I think the only way to help here is to see some screenshots of what you have done. Can you provide a screenshot of what your mapping looks like, as well as what data item is used in the drop down list?

In your earlier example, this "All Category" data item used in the drop down list must be the source data item for the mapping. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation