BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
thiagoglima
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm trying to create a filter to show or hide a time series data. My dataset has three columns: a Historical Data, Reconciled Forecast, and Forecast. I want a filter to choose which of these columns will appear on my chart. My chart needs to dynamically design the data, is it possible to use a checkbox for this?

For example, if the checkbox for Historical Data is selected then the green line should be shown (Just like the image below), otherwise, the green line should disappear.

Thanks in Advance.

grafico.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thiagoglima
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I found a solution to my problem and would like to thanks for the help! I based my solution on the Renato Answer in the following topic:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Using-measures-in-list-or-dropdown-controls/td-p...

I make myself available to anyone who had the same problem and needs help beyond the link above, just contact me!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AMos
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

you could do the following.

Create a `List` (From Objects / Controls) based on the field you want to filter ( Historical Data, Reconcilled Forecast, Forecast) and then Create an interaction between this List and your `Line Chart`.

thiagoglima
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Amos, thanks for the answer.

I tried to use a List object, but just categorical data are accepted by this object so I tried to create a new custom categorical data based on the field I want to filter and created an interaction between this list and my time series plot, but nothing happens when I activate/deactivate the check box. Sorry, I don't know what I'm missing, I'm new with V.A!

grafico.PNG

thiagoglima
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I found a solution to my problem and would like to thanks for the help! I based my solution on the Renato Answer in the following topic:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Using-measures-in-list-or-dropdown-controls/td-p...

I make myself available to anyone who had the same problem and needs help beyond the link above, just contact me!

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation