BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
2 REPLIES 2
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Michelle,

I am already using conditional grants in VA6.2 and prefer not to use users but groups. This way its much easier to control the access to restricted data via groups control. (purely metadata)

Shortly we will upgrade to 6.3 and I am interested in the ACE Reviewer, looks nice to have a simple overview of the definitions.  (great)

The blog is very clear, so new users must benefit from it.

Greetings

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing what you have done and I agree that it is best to use apply security on groups rather than users for the reasons you state. One of the reasons why I applied the conditional grant on a user was to show how the Metacoda Plug-ins ACE Reviewer can easily highlight across all ACEs when a user reference is being made on an ACE entry via a warning indicator and tooltip as you can see in the Metacoda Plug-ins ACE Reviewer screenshot 

I appreciate your feedback on the blog post and if you are interested in trying out the Metacoda Plug-ins in your own environment, we offer 30 day free evaluations. You can make a request at Metacoda Account Registration / Software Evaluation

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation