BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi:

I have a crosstab that uses date as columns.  When exporting this transposes the data and the dates appear as rows. 

Does anybody have a workaround for this?

Thanks, 

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
SAS Note 55909 explains the behavior you are seeing. As a workaround, you can open the report directly in Excel using the SAS Add-In for Microsoft office.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kannand
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Would it be possible to provide an example?  I am not familiar with the term crosstab in Excel.   Any additional info example you can share might help.

Kannan Deivasigamani
dstephens22
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the inquiry.  I guess I didn't explain properly.  I attached two screen shots in VA.  First is the dashboard view.

The second is what it's exporting.  I was curious if I could keep the same format from the dashboard.

thanks,

dave

Dashboard.png
kannand
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Dave.

I looked at both the screenshots and I realize that one is a dashboard and the other is the data behind the dashboard. I am not familiar with SAS VA product. However, I was able to notice this SESUG 2015 paper mentioned (under title "Fringe Benefits on page 😎 that the detailed data from SAS VA can be exported to Excel by a click of a button.  It says "the detailed data ".  In this case the dashboard is a presentation of the detailed data as I understand, which is stored in a different format.  So, when you try to export the dashboard, I guess it exports the detailed data behind the dashboard.  

http://www.lexjansen.com/sesug/2015/125_Final_PDF.pdf

Logically thinking, if you need the exact view on xls, I would guess selecting all (Ctrl+A), copying (Ctrl+C) from the dashboard and then within Excel, if you paste (Ctrl+V), I would guess that it might work in getting the same headers and column row headers and column headers copied on to Excel application. However, if you are trying to automate this in a production environment, I am not sure of an automated solution.  Hope this atleast steers you in the right direction. 

Good luck Dave.

Kannan Deivasigamani
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
SAS Note 55909 explains the behavior you are seeing. As a workaround, you can open the report directly in Excel using the SAS Add-In for Microsoft office.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation