BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SundareshS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all

I have been working with correlation matrices off and on, without thinking about this aspect too much ( one indication that perhaps it is not very important), but I noticed the following ,and wondered if there is a way to change it ?

- The gradient options provide for a starting color and an ending color (I would assume it is from lowest to highest like we generally perceive measures)

- However, the actual gradient is shown based on strength - weak to strong - therefore for -0.95 (strong negative) and 0.95 (strong positive), the same green color is depicted

- While I still find it useful (it helps in basic inference of variable relationships ), wouldnt there be value in changing this to a three color gradient - something like red - white - green, so that 

* anything close to 0 (weak or almost no correlation) is white 

* large positive correlation values are higher on the green scale

* large negative values are higher on the red scale

-vacorrmatrix.png 

Perhaps convention dictates the current gradient, but I thought I will put this as a suggestion anyways. I understand there will be some internal feature request mechanism at SAS so perhaps this has been dealt with already.

regards

Sundaresh

3 REPLIES 3
avigdo
Fluorite | Level 6

Try using ‘rules’. Didn’t try it myself but in the TreeMap object, I could over ruled that gradient, using ‘rules’. Pls let me know if it worked

SundareshS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much ! (and sorry for a late reply, it has been a while since I logged in last) - unfortunately display rules are disabled for a correlation matrix - I guess it is because of the gradient measure out there - I was wondering whether to try out a custom chart (and then import that custom chart) or either an external chart object - but haven't got around to doing the same. Also - the correlation matrix calculates coefficients on the fly so I wanted to avoid the data prep beforehand..... Thanks again !

image.pngimage.png

Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

Any solution for this?

We got the same in VA 7.5. When looking into the css we only have a start and end color.

<![CDATA[
#ve56 .TwoColorRamp {
fill-gradient-start-color: #F8F9FA;
fill-gradient-end-color: #000000;
}
]]>

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation