BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
papertrail
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I load SAS tables into VA and update them on a regular basis. In case a variable name in these tables would change VA would try to repair the reports which wold result in the variable being dropped from the reports. Is there a way to change the variable name in all reports at once? Needless to say we are talking about a lot of reports here, i. e. a manual adjustment is not feasible.

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Wouldn't it be easier to fix the data?  Personally I would consider it a data transfer, so main focus here is on getting an agreement with the data vendor as to the structure of the data.  Then if it doesn't match reject.  Otherwise there is nothing stopping the vendor from dropping data, changing it, re-structuring etc. and you could then be making updates each time.

papertrail
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it's not that easy. The change is a actually a necessary fix. Anyway it's beyond my control.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation