BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KubiK888
Calcite | Level 5

If I want create and mantain a project result dashboard with graphs and statistics, which can be interacted by viewers. Is it best to use SAS Visual Analytics or Office Analytics?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

IMO SAS VA is the better option. In SAS OA the only equivalent web-based tool I can think of is Web Report Studio and that has pretty much been superceded by VA.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

IMO SAS VA is the better option. In SAS OA the only equivalent web-based tool I can think of is Web Report Studio and that has pretty much been superceded by VA.

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I think it depends a bit upon waht you want to achieve and what kind of user interaction you will have.

I the users "only" will view figures and graphs I would choose VA any day but if they will input things to the dashboard as for example target goals and other things that need dynamic changes then maybe OA is better.

I have created dashboards with both. One was made with excel and the add-in for office. The users adds information about their staff and targets and that information is merged with data from sas to get a full view of the business.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation