BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EBB
Obsidian | Level 7 EBB
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a numeric variable that has been assigned to the clasification role "Category" in a data mart in VA. I noticed that "category" variables cant be changed to "measures" and this is actually my problem. I need this numeric variable to be a "measure" to be able to use it as input for a slider (slider object only takes "measures" variables as input) on a report I'm building in Visual Analytics designer mode.

Does anybody knows hoy to change one variable clasification from "category" to "measure" without having to rewrite the proc sql that is generatin the data mart beeing loaded in VA?

Thanks a lot! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

One approach would be to create a calculated measure using the Parse() operator:

Parse('ZIP'n, 'F12.')

This should give you a measure output.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

One approach would be to create a calculated measure using the Parse() operator:

Parse('ZIP'n, 'F12.')

This should give you a measure output.

EBB
Obsidian | Level 7 EBB
Obsidian | Level 7

Sam,

This is working perfectly!!!. You saved me at least working 1 day!! Thanks a lot for your incredible fast answer too.  

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Great! Thanks for following up with us.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation